DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920: dhcp: setting domain suffix

• gyre
  • Topic Author
More
10 Oct 2010 04:52 #64175 by gyre
2920: dhcp: setting domain suffix was created by gyre
I'm looking for a way of setting the domain name suffix given out by dhcp responses from my 2920 router.

The GUI doesn't appear to have any method. However, the telnet interface seems to allow:

sys domainname <wan1/wan2> <suffix>

As I'm only using the suffix for internal lan-local clients... I'm puzzled about why it would need to know which wan interface to use.

Do I set one? both?

Thanks!

-- gyre --

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2010 21:04 #65172 by empi
Replied by empi on topic Re: 2920: dhcp: setting domain suffix

gyre wrote: I'm looking for a way of setting the domain name suffix given out by dhcp responses from my 2920 router.

The GUI doesn't appear to have any method. However, the telnet interface seems to allow:

sys domainname

As I'm only using the suffix for internal lan-local clients... I'm puzzled about why it would need to know which wan interface to use.

Do I set one? both?

Thanks!

-- gyre --

Hi gyre,

I am trying to set it up as well and not having much success. I mean, I did set it up, but it doesn't appear to be working properly.

Did you manage to get it working?

Thanks,
empi

• gyre
  • Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2010 22:08 #65174 by gyre
Replied by gyre on topic 2920: dhcp: setting domain suffix
Well, I did use the sys domainname command to set the domainname, and dhcp did give that suffix out to the requesting clients.

When you said it doesn't appear to be working properly, what did you mean exactly?

-- gyre --

More
09 Dec 2010 09:20 #65203 by empi
Replied by empi on topic 2920: dhcp: setting domain suffix

gyre wrote: Well, I did use the sys domainname command to set the domainname, and dhcp did give that suffix out to the requesting clients.

When you said it doesn't appear to be working properly, what did you mean exactly?

-- gyre --

Hi gyre,

Thanks for you reply. As I mentioned before, I set it up using sys domainname command, applying it to WAN1 (I don't use WAN2). However, coming through VPN my DHCP clients do not get DNS suffix.
I will have a look into it again during the weekend.

Regards,
empi

Moderators: Sami