DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Jungle Disk Backup with Dual Wan

More
15 Oct 2010 16:12 #1 by sijo
Jungle Disk Backup with Dual Wan was created by sijo
Hi, I have a Draytek Vigor 2955. I have setup dual wan connections which provides our network with good download speeds etc. However, I also use the JungleDisk backup system (cloud backup from Rackspace).

Interestly with both WAN connections enabled the Jungle Disk software thinks our pc is offline and does not do automatic backups. With WAN2 turned off Jungle DIsk works fine.

Is there someway to force the outgoing of jungledisk always down WAN1 but use both wans for other traffic?

Sorry I would also like to know how to correct setup the load balacing policy as I do not understand the sourceip and destination ip what does that mean please.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2010 00:13 #2 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Jungle Disk Backup with Dual Wan
Hello, the settings will go under:

WAN > Load-Balance policy

as an example:

Click on Index 1
Protocol is TCP (according to Jungle support webpage)
Binding WAN Interface select WAN1
Tick the Auto Failover Box
Src IP Start 192.168.1.100 [your server IP]
Src IP End 192.168.1.100 [your server IP]

In this example all external requests from your server would be routed out over WAN1. And if WAN1 failed for any reason, they would switch to WAN2 (so your data is still getting backupd up to Jungle Disk).

If you can find out from the Jungle Support an IP address range for their service, you could then improve the rule by adding Destination data - e.g. Destination IP Start 123.45.67.789
Destination IP End 123.45.67.795

If you wanted all devices on your network to use WAN1 for Jungle Disk, then leave the Destination IP's and remove the Source IP details.

The ports which the Jungle service uses are standard web ports 80 and 443 so I don't think it's worth trying to include them in the rule.

Hope this helps to give you a start!

Regards,

Neal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami