DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2930 DMZ / Port Redirection / Open Ports

• cleverben
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2010 10:05 #1 by cleverben
I have a Draytek 2930 dual WAN router in a job, with two of the little 120 modems.

I am trying to allow the client to access their CCTV DVR webpage from outside of the LAN.

When on the LAN, you would simply type the IP address (192.168.1.222) into a browser and it would access the DVR's built in webpage on port 80.

So i tried using open ports to redirect connections on WAN2 through to the DVR, this didn't work.

So I tried redirecting port 8001 on WAN2 through to port 80 on the LAN, again this didnt work.

So I tried opening up a DMZ on WAN2 to the private IP 192.168.1.222 again the browser just returns "Internet explorer cannot display the page".

What am I doing wrong? I realise I could get the client to use the SSL VPN, which does return part of the page through the Web Proxy, but it doesn't display correctly.

Or I could tell them to use the SSL VPN Tunnel, but I want to keep it as quick and simple and easy as possible.

Any thoughts? I am using firmware version 3.2.3.

Also, if I upgrade to 3.3.0, will I lose my user settings?

Many Thanks,

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2010 18:24 #2 by lozstlouis
Replied by lozstlouis on topic Draytek 2930 DMZ / Port Redirection / Open Ports
Check what port the web interface is using on the Draytek. If its default then port 80 is what it will be sat on. Is remote mangement enabled? If so this should be on a secure channel (HTTPS) & something other than 443. Next ensure the defauilt gateway on your CCTV box is pointing at the Draytek. If you have routed VLANs or anything funky then ensure they have a route for 0.0.0.0 pointing at the Draytek.

Is the CCTV actaully on port 80 at all times (or 443)? Or does it redirect to another odd port after the initial connection...

Should be simpel enough to do just iron out the odd things first!

www.alits.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami