Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3300v firmware upgrade killed device

• mousework
  • Topic Author
More
25 Oct 2010 11:44 #64428 by mousework
3300v firmware upgrade killed device was created by mousework
Hello
I have a 3300v that I upgraded to latest uk firmware, version 2.6.3, all seemed to go ok, router did upgrade and then said it was re booting.

Now its dead.
Its not resetting using the button on the front, will not issue dhcp to my mac, and if I put a manual IP address into my mac I still can't get a connection to the routers admin pages.

Front panel says I am connected to a lan port, but no other lights other than power are on.

What do I do?

I have tried connectind to the device using ftp but I get an error -36 some information could not be read. I presume this is a corrupt firmware file.

IS THERE A WAY TO FORCE THIS DEVICE INTO TFTP MODE SO I COULD TRY RESETTING THE FIRMWARE?

All I'm getting is the power light and the LAN lights.

Totally un responsive unit.

FURTHER
I managed to connect my pc to the 3300 using hyper terminal and the console connection.
When I turn the 3300 on it goes into an automatic sequence where it clears the firmware and then says press any key within 5 seconds.
If you do this it then say something along the lines of loading an image from flash to sdram,
but it just sits there then and nothing happens..

Can one of you techies please help, my boss is going to kill me if i can't get this back up and running.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2011 09:38 #65580 by talbengal
Replied by talbengal on topic 3300v firmware upgrade killed device
Did you find any answers?
I have the same problem with 2820.

Please someone help!!!! :twisted:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami