DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vsn w/BT Total Broadband 5 static IPs ADSL2+

• danny_freak
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2010 17:34 #1 by danny_freak
Has anyone managed to get MultiNAT working stable on the 5 IPs from BT Business?

I have a new client who I'm attempting to support with two BT broadband 21CN ADSL2+ lines into a 2820Vsn and a 120 modem (the 120 will come later when I replace the current BT hub and run some cat5 across the yard)

The PPP keeps dropping as mentioned in a few threads on this forum.

If I configure the routers WAN IP alias to be the gateway specified by BT for the /29 it routes packets for a while (at least until the PPP drops and the WAN port gets another 'dynamic peer' address from the BT systems.

the IP range is xxx.xxx.xxx.176/29 giving xxx.xxx.xxx.177 - xxx.xxx.xxx 181 usable with the WAN IP alias as xxx.xxx.xxx.182 and I assume broadcast is at xxx.xxx.xxx.183

I have not set static IP for WAN1 as I'd rather not do the 100mile drive more than I need to, the research I have done on the web tells me not to map a static IP to the WAN1.

Has anybody here got any tips for settings I have missed (I have several Zen connections working fine on MultiNAT) or a better modem firmware to try with the BT 21CN system?

Thanks for any pointers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2010 21:01 #2 by lozstlouis
Replied by lozstlouis on topic 2820Vsn w/BT Total Broadband 5 static IPs ADSL2+
You have to do some trickery with the 2nd subnet or something with the BT multi IP connections. There is a "how-to" on the draytek.co.uk website somewhere. Google will probably through it up.

www.alits.co.uk

• danny_freak
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2010 12:16 #3 by danny_freak
Replied by danny_freak on topic 2820Vsn w/BT Total Broadband 5 static IPs ADSL2+
I have sorted the PPP being dropped, there was another BT ADSL connection on the opposite side of the clients premises serving the fitting workshop which had been set by BT remote support prior to me being called in, as it transpires the BT tech had managed to configure both BT 2wire gateways with the same ADSL logon details so one kept kicking the other off!

Now on firmware 3.3.4.1 I still cannot ping the WAN IP aliases from the private LAN yet thy can be pinged from the internet.

This isn't the kind of start I'm happy to make with a new customer after telling them how good the draytek devices are!

Moderators: ChrisSami