DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorPhone SIP registration with IPPBX2820 over WAN Problems

More
04 Nov 2010 08:59 #1 by dv_og
Hello,

I have just bought a DrayTek 2820IPPBX and a DrayTek 2930Vn along with 7 VigorPhones 350s.

I had a few issues with setting up the 2930Vn because it uses port 443 for its SSL VPN and also you can enable remote management on port 443. I have an exchange server which also uses port 443 so it took a while to figure out why the port forwarding did not work. This is fine now. I can live with setting different ports for the SSL VPN and the remote management.

My problem is with registering the VigorPhone 350 with the ippbx but over the WAN.

The two DrayTeks are at different sites and have a VPN between them which has been solid and the VigorPhones can register through the VPN. It makes no sense to pass the phone traffic down the VPN tunnel though so i would rather use the public IP address of the ippbx and register the phones that way. The problem is that it just will not register.

The phones connect through the 2930Vn and I think that this might be the problem. It must be stopping the outbound traffic on port 5060. I can register the extensions on the 2930Vn for connection to a fixed line phone ok so the connection is working and the setup is correct.

How can I change the 2930Vn to allow the VigorPhones to pass through???

Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami