DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n so much slower than other routers

• projexe
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2010 10:29 #1 by projexe
I doubt I will get much joy from the forum as nobody seems to read it, but...

ADSL performance on Vigor 2710n router is very slow and degrades. I've done tests swapping out to another router (Belkin) and on that router the speed is consistently 1.3 MBps. 2710n speed is 300 bps & degrades over time. Why is this?

All ADSL settings are the same in each router (PPPoA) and router connects to ISP fine - just that line speed is so slow with the Draytek! I am connecting to the router via Ethernet so Wireless bottlenecks aren't an issue.

Why is the 2710n performance is so poor? All reviews I have read rate this router but it seems unbelievably poor to me. Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2010 10:49 #2 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic 2710n so much slower than other routers
See my post in this forum about the 2710 ... what version of firmware are you running?

Mine ran like a dog for the two days that I had the latest firmware on - truly awful. Switching it back to an older version of the code and it appears to be running like lightning again.

I would be interested to see if you get a performance boost by running older code levels?

Dan

• projexe
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2010 14:36 #3 by projexe
Replied by projexe on topic 2710n so much slower than other routers
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time.

The firmware I am currently using is 3.3.6_RC2.

I upgraded to that version a few days ago but only because I was having the line speed problem with the older version of firmware that that the router originally shipped with. The newer firmware has unfortunately made no difference at all. If you could let me know what firmware you are having success with maybe I can give that a try

More
05 Nov 2010 15:22 #4 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic 2710n so much slower than other routers
Hello. I've actually rolled my firmware up to version: 3.3.2.3

This seemed to be the most solid release for me - as, although prior releases seemed to work well in most regards, I encountered some issues with voip functionality (I'm using the 2710 Vn). I ran 3.3.2.3 for about five months without issue.

You can locate it from here:

ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2710/Firmware/V3.3.2.3/v2710_3323_annexA/

You'll probably want the STD.zip version

Let us know whether it helps at all.

Dan

• projexe
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2010 15:47 #5 by projexe
Replied by projexe on topic 2710n so much slower than other routers
Thanks again for the response.

I am currently having a dialogue with Draytek support who think it may have something to do with a modem code not working well with my particular ADSL line. I have dumped them some status logs and they are looking into it.

I'll let you know whether it's successful or not!

Moderators: ChrisSami