Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 reliability?

• carnagerover
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2010 23:18 #64733 by carnagerover
Vigor 120 reliability? was created by carnagerover
Hi all,

I am looking at buying one of these to use with my Sky package, however places that I have looked at, customer reviews tend to say that it needed a firmware update to improve stability with line drops.

Is this true and if so has it been fixed as of yet?

Also does this sync at good speeds, I did have a Vigor 100 a bit back and it would always sync a little lower that my other modems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2010 00:18 #64744 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Vigor 120 reliability?
Hello, we have a 120 in use 24/7 keeping an ADSL2+ line exceptionally stable, with corporate VPN's running around the clock.

I suppose the sync might be ever so slightly lower than other items, but I'd rather have the fantastic stability then a small increase in the connection speed.

The firmwares have been good, for, maybe at least 1 year now, possibly even longer.

Best regards,

Neal

More
08 Nov 2010 22:15 #64778 by kelvin
Replied by kelvin on topic Vigor 120 reliability?
I can also confirm, that once I had ensured the latest available firmware was installed, and that the BT DSLAM had settled down to match the line quality, it has proved to be 100% reliable in operation.

I am using a Linux box behind it running RoaringPenguin rp-pppoe software, so not a completely vanilla consumer installation.

Having said that, I have IPv4 and IPv6 working through it in native mode (not tunnelled) and it's handling both of them perfectly.

Hope this helps.

• carnagerover
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2010 23:30 #64779 by carnagerover
Replied by carnagerover on topic Vigor 120 reliability?
Thanks for the replies guys i've ordered one and it should be arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed my sync stays the same.

• carnagerover
  • Topic Author
More
16 Nov 2010 19:11 #64886 by carnagerover
Replied by carnagerover on topic Vigor 120 reliability?
Does anyone have any tips when it comes to website loading, for some reason my connection at the moment is always hanging on webpage loads. Things like google analysis or adverts mean that once the page has finished loading it hasn't.

Moderators: ChrisSami