DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800G Firmware Upgrade??

• lectrician
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2010 18:22 #1 by lectrician
2800G Firmware Upgrade?? was created by lectrician
One of my Vigor 2800g's started to behave oddly - it would not give IP addresses to some wireless clients, and now wont even give IP addresses to the wired LAN either.

I decided to factory restart it and see if that helped - I now cannot even get into the config pages using the default 192.168.1.1 or my previous 192.168.4.1 IP addresses.

I have tried to do a firmware upgrade to see if this would sort things, but cannot do this as the router can not be seen via the IP address.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2010 09:50 #2 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic 2800G Firmware Upgrade??
Doesn't sound like it's in good shape! I bet you've tried what I'm about to suggest but worth asking; have you tried setting an IP address manually? If you aren't doing already you should also give the firmware update tool a try rather than going by the web interface. I've found that tool to be useful in recovering a seemingly dead 2820.

Hope that helps and good luck.

More
17 Nov 2010 20:44 #3 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic 2800G Firmware Upgrade??
If that doesn't work go here:

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash

And scroll down to "abnormal firmware conditions"

• lectrician
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2010 20:15 #4 by lectrician
Replied by lectrician on topic 2800G Firmware Upgrade??
Think I have a goosed one!

I replaced it with a new one, and have bench tested the faulty one. It wont play ball at all - off to the circle that is the bin I think.

The wired LAN just wont respond in any way, although the LEDs on the ports flick etc.

The wireless randomly works and gives access.

DSL syncs and connects (when viewed through wireless, when that decides to work).

I am not too suprised this one has failed. I have several out on sites I do work for, and this one in particular is actually in my bosses loft, which is not the most ideal environment for a router TBH. Guess where the new one ois though! Out of site out of mind (bosses idea!).

Thanks for the support anyway!

Moderators: ChrisSami