DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.3.5 (not RCx) on DRAYTEK.PL, dated 16/11/2010

• acseuser
  • Topic Author
More
17 Nov 2010 21:51 #1 by acseuser
Err, is this the real thing? By that I mean released code??

- S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2010 09:33 #2 by 336339du
Visit www.draytek.com and they have the final v3.3.5!

More
18 Nov 2010 09:39 #3 by cocospm
Yes, but be careful if you use filter rules. On upgrading to 3.3.5, we found that one of our rules had been given a value of 0 for the new "Sessions Control" setting. This passed the incoming traffic but immediately killed off all sessions, blocking all incoming email to our server. Make sure you check all your 'allow' rules and give them a suitable Session Control limit.

More
18 Nov 2010 10:17 #4 by j03y
Upgraded this morning, non reset code used through web interface (can everyone in this thread make their upgrade route known?)

They've changed the login interface from the browser's own prompt to their own snazzy job. Internet Explorer won't prompt to remember the password which is a minor annoyance. Don't know how that works but take it as a wish for the next firmware.

Noted the sessions control. The default rule is automatically set to 15,000. custom rules are set to 0 so watch out for that.

IM, P2P, Protocol and Misc objects have also been amalgamated into one section now which is a nice touch.

The firmware seems to have fixed a problem where if I used the web interface from my desktop PC the router would occasionally crash. If I did it from our server it wouldn't. Glad to see this fixed.

I will need more testing but it looks like the uptime of the router will remain poor. My Sky D-Link router managed 900+ recently. I haven't seen more than a couple of hours on this 2820. Firmware 3.3.5 made it to just over 1 hour this morning before a crash. Don't know if anyone else sees this kind of uptime but I'm not happy with it!

More
20 Nov 2010 17:18 #5 by catzi
NAT loopback still seems to be broken for 3.3.5

More
20 Nov 2010 17:54 #6 by gmegson
Replied by gmegson on topic Syslog to local USB
Looks like the syslog function to a local USB disk has been broken in the 3.3.5 release.

Moderators: ChrisSami