Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.3.5 bugs

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Nov 2010 12:52 #1 by mgillespie
3.3.5 bugs was created by mgillespie
There seem to be a few. But thats only to be expected when you take existing WORKING functionality and then play with it...

A critical one for me, is the new login web interface, which seems to be screwed up for any browser that's not Internet Explorer or Firefox.

I assume they tested it in one of these and didn't bother checking it in anything else. It refuses to log in on Webkit on Android, or the Netfront Browser on PS3, and I have some strange inconsistent behaviour on Opera.

The login page is a rather critical component, and really needed to be tested properly!!!

I just set a wifi setting that mean nothing could connect, and found that my wired PS3 could not get into fix the setting via the web interface....

EDIT: Actually, the Opera weirdness seems to be related to tab order. Pressing Enter after entering the password does not submit the form, I have to click Submit. However it still does not explain away the Webkit/Android or Netfront problems...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2010 13:34 #2 by northerngit
Replied by northerngit on topic 3.3.5 bugs
The long standing bug since 3.4.0 with wireless connectivity and the XBOX360 is still present.

This is ridiculous; numerous people have logged support tickets over the last few months, and it's still flaky.

I'm REALLY getting fed up with Draytek.

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2010 14:26 #3 by mgillespie
Replied by mgillespie on topic 3.3.5 bugs

northerngit wrote: The long standing bug since 3.4.0 with wireless connectivity and the XBOX360 is still present.

This is ridiculous; numerous people have logged support tickets over the last few months, and it's still flaky.

I'm REALLY getting fed up with Draytek.

It's more likely a problem with the Xbox Wifi. As barely anything functions correctly in Xbox land.

More
21 Nov 2010 14:31 #4 by northerngit

mgillespie wrote: It's more likely a problem with the Xbox Wifi. As barely anything functions correctly in Xbox land.

What utter rubbish. People are reporting this issue in other posts affecting the PS3.

See:

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15091

The functionality previously worked and having tested numerous other vendor's equipment, both Microsoft certified and not, the issue is not present. Draytek have acknowledged this as an issue since 3.3.4. One can therefore assume on reviewing their product, they have admitted fault.

3.3.3 is rock solid.

While Microsoft bashing can be fun, they seem exemplary compared to Draytek at present.

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2010 14:42 #5 by mgillespie
Replied by mgillespie on topic 3.3.5 bugs
No streaming problems to PS3 here (wired or wireless).

More
21 Nov 2010 14:44 #6 by northerngit

mgillespie wrote: No streaming problems to PS3 here (wired or wireless).

You may be one of the lucky ones. It's a well known issue across all uPnP streaming devices.

I have about 4 consoles in various rooms, and its affects each one intermittently - others seem to always fail.

Same firmware, same config.

In recent release candidates of 3.3.5 it also started to fail while using Sky Player.

My bug has been open with Draytek support since the 30/06/2010

Moderators: ChrisSami