DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 f/w 3.3.5 56K Dial-up functionality

More
23 Nov 2010 10:25 #1 by nealuk
The release notes for Firmware version 3.3.5 state that the 'New Features' Support 56K Modem.

This would be good, as according to the Draytek.co.uk website it was Due summer 2009 and has only been supported by BETA firmware since.

I have the AFM-102 connected to my Vigor 2820vn - however I don't seem to be able to find the setting anywhere to set up the Dial Up modem with ISP telephone number, connection username and password etc.

Has anyone else got this working? Could you give me any ideas?

Thanks and regards, Neal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2010 16:42 #2 by modainpelle
Replied by modainpelle on topic 2820 f/w 3.3.5 56K Dial-up functionality
Hello,

I've just upgraded to 3.3.5 and had some success with the modem, although it's still not fully working. The way to set it up is now somewhat different to the description in the FAQ, I have had to work it out for myself.

When the modem is connected to the USB Port a 'USB Modem' option appears on the menu on the left. Under this there is a 'Dialling to a single ISP' option, where you can enter the number to dial etc. Once these are in you can go to the Online Status page, where there should now be an entry for USB Modem. Click 'Dial' and hey presto, it works.

There's still a couple of issues with it though:

1. It does not dial on demand. I have set the Link Type to 'Dialup BOD' and disconnected the ADSL, but when I try to access the Internet it doesn't dial. If I go to the Online Status page and click 'Dial' it dials and works. However...

2. After connecting once, once it disconnects it usually stops working and shows no signs of any activity when clicking 'Dial'. The only way to get it to work again seems to be to restart the router. I managed to get it to work twice in a row a couple of times, but it's usually only once and never more than twice in a row without restarting the router.

I'll email Draytek support and post details if I have any further success.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami