DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 - Port Forwarding help pls.

More
30 Nov 2010 19:36 #65089 by jcbb
2820 - Port Forwarding help pls. was created by jcbb
Hi (be gentle) but I'm stuck (cant find answer on forum - I get hints of one though).

I need to do some "port forwarding" on the DrayTek router, simple I thought, done it on a Linksys and it was straight forward but it used port forwarding in the menu structure so not too hard.
If I quickly explain my setup it may be easier to visualise.

I have a fixed IP address on my adsl 81.xx.xx.xx. Router has two of the NIC ports connected, 1 to a windows server configuration (via another switch, network cards etc which works OK) and the other is connected to another 16 port switch.
This switch has two p.c.'s connected (ethernet), these P.C. have fixed IP addresses (192.168.0.20 & 192.168.0.32 - gateway/router is 192.168.0.1). One these PC is running a comms server and worked fine with anything connected locally (via switch). I have software to access the comm server from a connection via the internet (hence the "port forwarding").

ADSL (fixed IP):- 81.xx.xx.xx
Gateway(fixed IP):- 192.168.0.1
Comm server (fixed IP):- 192.168.0.20

I need to "forward ports" 4021-4031 to server 192.168.0.20
I have opened ports instead of port redirection - is this even correct?
Do I have to use open ports and port redirection together?

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2010 22:02 #65090 by kc_
Replied by kc_ on topic 2820 - Port Forwarding help pls.
try this
first open the ports

then open the firewall for these ports

** leaving source IP as "ANY" will leave the ports open for all external IP address's, I would recommend limiting this

More
30 Nov 2010 22:17 #65091 by jcbb
Replied by jcbb on topic 2820 - Port Forwarding help pls.
Thanks for quick reply, it looks like I have opened the ports ok, I will have double check firewall settings. Cheers!, always nice to know I'm on right track.

More
14 Dec 2010 15:38 #65249 by stevedh
Replied by stevedh on topic 2820 - Port Forwarding help pls.
When I did it I didn't have to do anything to the firewall. I'm used to having to get the firewall to match forwarded ports on my old zyxel, but at the looks of things, by default the draytek leaves all ports open... well mine does at least.
Steve

More
14 Dec 2010 19:21 #65256 by jcbb
Replied by jcbb on topic 2820 - Port Forwarding help pls.
I did nothing to the firewall, but had to use port redirection to get what I wanted to work. Each port redirected at a time, range did not work for me.
A shame but it appears to work for time being.

Moderators: Sami