DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Unable to update f/w 2820n - 3.3.1.2 > latest available

• rasobey
  • Topic Author
More
01 Dec 2010 22:46 #1 by rasobey
**EDIT FIXED**
I rebooted the router using factory settings, and when it came back up it was on 3.3.4.1. I'd had NO indication that any firmware upgrade had been successful, so this is a big surprise to me. I have now restored the configuration that I'd backed up earlier and all seems well.

Hi all,

I just realised I'm rather out of date with my firmwares on my Vigor 2820n, so I thought I'd spend a few minutes upgrading the firmware. I've had Vigors for five years+ and never had a problem upgrading the f/w before but now I'm stuck!

I've downloaded 3.3.4.1, gone to the update page on the Vigor control panel and selected the .ALL file within the download. Once I press OK, I see little animated green blobs, but after a few seconds I'll get a "Web page not found" error and the f/w update fails:

"The web page at https://10.1.5.1/WebFwUpgrade.cgi might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

As far as I know the Windows firewall is disabled.

This happens whether I'm using wireless LAN or an ethernet connection.

Is this a known error and does anyone have a work around? The firmware upgrade utility seems to get further, but also fails after a while.

Cheers for any help :)

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami