DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Ap-800

• tegwin
  • Topic Author
More
07 Dec 2010 16:20 #65185 by tegwin
Draytek Ap-800 was created by tegwin
I recently purchased a Draytek AP-800 for a client to use as a repeater for thier exisiting Wireless network. I cant see how to get it set up to act as a repeater (or any other way) to connect to a 2820N router. I looked at the FAQ's and it talks about setting up a 700 but the screens are very difffernt and I cant see how to do it easily. Anyone know where I can get some ideas on how to set this up. I specifcally bought this as I thought its a newer device but in hind site I should have got the 700 as it looks much easier to set up.

Any help greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2010 18:33 #65189 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek Ap-800
You need to set the mode to Universal Repeater first on the first menu option, then go to the wireless LAN menu and Access Point Discovery - on there click Scan and wait for it to populate, you should then see the SSID you want to connect to, make a note of its channel and select it via the radio button, then click the Select button at the bottom of the page.
That'll then go to the Universal Repeater page - you need to set the security options to match your network i.e. if using WPA2 then select WPA2 with AES encryption etc. Click OK on there and go to the WLAN General Setup page - on there change the SSID you want it to show (maybe disable the second LAN if you dont want that and the second SSID) and change the channel to match the network it's connecting to and click OK to save the changes.
Then restart it from the system maintenance - reboot system bit, once it restarts, check whether the AP800's SSID or LAN ports give internet access with no LAN cable into the main network plugged in.

• tegwin
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2010 08:59 #65191 by tegwin
Replied by tegwin on topic Draytek Ap-800
Thanks for this I have tried that and still does not connect. I connect to the SSID for the repeater and enter the password which I set in the security settings for that wireless and it still just pops up the password box, I have tried to enter the password of the actual SSID its connecting to and the one on the back of the AP and still none of them work.

The only thing I have not done is set the IP range of the lan to be the same as the network its connecting to, do i need to do thi

More
16 Dec 2010 18:08 #65278 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic Draytek Ap-800
I just want to add fuel to this as i'm having the same issue. The ssid on Ap-800 can be seen, just cannot connect. The Ap-800 does connect to the router as can be seen on the routers wireless stations screen. Also it can be managed from a machine connected to the router so the link does come up. It's just that you can't then connect to the ap's ssid. I think it may be related to not relaying ip's from the DHCP server.

I suppose we are on firmware 1.0.0

More
17 Dec 2010 11:18 #65287 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Draytek Ap-800
Firmware 1.0.1 is now available on the international website Draytek.com - this may help.

The ftp site only has original firmware 1.0.0 - there is a message that from 1st Dec 2010 users have to register to download new firmwares etc.

Hope this helps,

Neal.

More
17 Dec 2010 11:29 #65289 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic Draytek Ap-800
I tried the new firmware last night. It didn't help.

I have got a support ticket lodged though and will keep the thread updated.

Moderators: ChrisSami