DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Ap-800

More
04 Jan 2011 10:12 #65453 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic Draytek Ap-800
Draytek took my configs and tried to recreate the problem. It turns out there is a problem and i'm not going mad.

We have been extensively testing this both with your configuration and with an SBS 2003 server acting as the DHCP server and were able to reproduce the issue you're describing - it appears to be a problem with the AP800's universal repeater mode and the DHCP transaction, in which the AP800's request appears to be ignored possibly because of a problem with the DHCP request.
In initial tests this didn't occur when using a Draytek device as the DHCP server which is why it's taken so long to confirm this.
If you could replace the AP800 with an AP700, that does run on a different firmware so will not have the same issues you are experiencing.

One possible fix for this would be to use WDS which will pass MAC addresses directly through to the network although I don't have any setup information available for that at the moment to give to you, it is relatively similar to configuring WDS on the AP700:
http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_wlan_AP700_WDS.html
With the main differences being that the mode should be set to HTMIX for 802.11n and you will also need the 1.0.1 firmware.

In the meantime, we have captured the needed information and are reporting it to the firmware team so that it can be fixed in a later firmware release as soon as possible.

Hopefully there will be a firmware update soon. I have not had much success using the AP-800 in WDS mode either though, yes they will all talk to each other and you can connect to the AP's management (http) interface from a wired PC, But there still seems to be an issue with connecting to them with a wireless client.

I'm now looking to use the AP-700's instead as they have been out a while and bugs should have been fixed, just a shame they are not POE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2011 16:26 #66003 by masshuu
we just got an ap-800 to repeat the wifi from the office which comes from a vigor 2820, with SBS involved too.

We spent a couple of hours last night, and while we can connect to the repeater, and we can see the repeater talking to the router, we can't get through to the outside world.

It sounds a bit like this problem in thread: http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15184&highlight=ap800l

I have attempted to upgrade the firmware, but using the 1.0.1 the router refused to accept it, I downloaded from the .com site, but the repeater thought it was dodgy.

So I will contact support, but if anybody here has had any luck getting this to work, we would be most appreciative if you could post something.

Thanks,
Matt[url][/url]

More
02 Feb 2011 07:39 #66017 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Draytek Ap-800
There is a firmware update to address mikacom's reported DHCP problem; hopefully he has installed it now but for anyone else you can request that from UK support.

Forum Administrator

More
02 Feb 2011 09:09 #66019 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic Draytek Ap-800

admin wrote: There is a firmware update to address mikacom's reported DHCP problem; hopefully he has installed it now but for anyone else you can request that from UK support.

Where's that then? No one has contacted me about this.

Maybe you could email it to me. Now there's a proactive thought!

More
07 Feb 2011 10:17 #66126 by winterdown
Replied by winterdown on topic Draytek Ap-800
Purchased 2 x AP800 to enable a WPS network. Managed to get both up and running, recognise each other, accept wireless clients, and internet access. Except ONLY with LAN cable attached. Remove the LAN cable from the remote AP and its uncontactable.
Tried multiple configs to get to this stage and thought I had it, until realised I still had a LAN cable and it routed that way.
Apparently running Firmware 1.0.0.1 - Have Registered with DrayTek MySite but cannot add a product. Only by returning to begining of 'Support -> get firmware process' did i manage to find a way to get the v1.1.1 firmware (same pages but now logged in so allows download not login) . Issue with recommednded 'Product Registration' for firmware download is the fact it assumes you can access the router home page and get access to the site. Spot the logic issue in that one. Anyway, upgrade and testing to follow.

However has anyone an experience of getting WPS with 2+ AP800's to work as i feel it was only luck which got me this far?

Moderators: ChrisSami