DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 / Juniper NetScreen 204 / routed ip block

• manxmann
  • Topic Author
More
16 Dec 2010 19:30 #1 by manxmann
Hi Folks,

I have a Vigor120 which in all honesty is working fine, i'm using it to connect the the internet to post this message.

My current setup is as follows:

[tel line] ----> [Vigor120]
> [IP x.x.x.x/32]eth1[Netscreen 204 PPPoE and NAT]eth2 ---> [Internal Lan hosts]

As I say its all working fine, now I've just contacted my ISP as I want to move to a business service so that I get a new /29 subnet allocated to me.

The way this is provisioned is that I get exactly the same statically assigned /32 host IP assigned via the 120 to the Juniper. The ISP then statically routes the new /29 via the 120's IP. i.e.

[tel line] ----> [Vigor120]
> [IP x.x.x.x/32]eth1[Netscreen 204 PPPoE and NAT] eth2---> [Internal Lan hosts]
[Netscreen 204 Route between eth1 and eth3] eth3\
> y.y.y.64/29 (Statically configured on the firewall)

So my problem everything is setup _but_ I cannot reach my new IP's from the Internet. The Firewall config is 100% verified, I just want someone to verify for me that if traffic destined for the y.y.y.64/29 subnet is sent via the 120 it _will_ forward this onto the external interface of the Juniper for onward routing, even though it doesn't associate the IP's to any of its known connections.

Thanks and I hope that makes sense.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami