2820 performance question

• robster
  • Topic Author
More
29 Dec 2010 15:54 #65417 by robster
Replied by robster on topic 2820 performance question
Hmmm

Okay, that is more workable.

I can dedicate most of my downloads from my server onto one WAN and let everyone else use the other.

Hmmmm

Would have preferred dynamic load balancing but I guess I cannot have everything! :D

Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2011 20:46 #65437 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2820 performance question
That's the reason you tell the router the connection speed on ethernet connections (because unlike direct ADSL it can't tell it automatically) - it uses this info to do the load bal;ancing on a best endeavours basis.

Forum Administrator

More
10 Jan 2011 15:59 #65564 by talbengal
Replied by talbengal on topic 2820 performance question

rpg wrote: I think you can do something to get to to do it automatically but you would need to set the WAN2 ethernet port to work at the actual ADSL2 speed rather than at 100MB or 1GB which would be the ethernet speed.

Never done it that way though.

You can set IP 1 to go via ADSL1 and IP 2 to go via ADSL2. That would be two simple rules:

All IP traffic from 192.168.x.1 use WAN1
All IP traffic from 192.168.x.2 use WAN2

In the Load Balancing Rules most of the items are optional. You can be quite generic as above to simply push traffic out on different ADSL's dependant on internal IP address, and then use fail over in case that ADSL goes down.

The problem here is that the Load Balancing have something called 'Other' and also CLASS-3

It can not be set to 0% it always leave it as 1%
So all your trafic will go on the defualt router (i.e. WAN 1) as 'Other' or Class-3 and will be very slow.

See my question:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=65555#65555

Moderators: ChrisSami