Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800g and BE

• drewbie
  • Topic Author
More
27 Dec 2010 11:18 #65398 by drewbie
Vigor 2800g and BE was created by drewbie
Hi,

I was wondering for some advice and best settings for my vigor 2800 (2.8.2 alt firmware) on BE. I have asked BE to set me to service profile 20 and have also set the WAN detect to always on. Things seem better (i.e no disconnects), but the download is still not as good as my original bebox (was getting 5mb rather than 3.6) and i have also noticed that the correct blocks seems rather high. After a reboot it shows something like below:-

ADSL Information (ADSL Firmware Version: E.67.36.1 )
ATM Statistics TX Blocks RX Blocks Corrected Blocks Uncorrected Blocks
11666 4240 10256 10
ADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
ADSL2+ SHOWTIME 921200 3619300 3.0 54.0

There seems to be almost as many corrected blocks as there is TX Blocks. Is this normal?

I have set the ADSL to ADSL2+ Auto(G.992.5). Is there anything i should set on the router to improve it? I really like the router as interface is quick and i can configure WOL etc.

Thanks in advance :)
Drew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2011 19:46 #65506 by rct
Replied by rct on topic Vigor 2800g and BE
I have my 2800 on Be on a very similar line with exactly the same settings. In my case as well the sync speed is lower than the BeBox. However I noticed that when doing speed tests and ping tests the Draytek was close to the performance of the BeBox and in some cases even exceeded it. The corrected blocks are normal for an interleaved line with a lot of noise. You seem to be doing well to stay connected with an SNR of 3.0dB on a line that long!

• drewbie
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2011 08:47 #65510 by drewbie
Replied by drewbie on topic Vigor 2800g and BE
Hi,

Thanks for the reply :). Good its meant to be like that then. Unfortunatley i am about 2.6Km from the exchange, so don't get great download speed. It seems ok at the moment. At the moment i am having to use two devices to get the setup i want, but hope Draytek release a router with dual bands and dual ariels with gigports at some point so i can just have one device :).

Drew

Moderators: ChrisSami