DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710 USB access Windows 7

• eddyad
  • Topic Author
More
28 Dec 2010 16:15 #65405 by eddyad
2710 USB access Windows 7 was created by eddyad
I had this working under Windows XP but now I've switched to 7 it no longer works. I can set up the USB drive in FTP mode but then it all goes wrong. Entering \\192.68.1.1 gets to the network but then it is impossible to get a User name and Password accepted when the "Enter Network Password" window pops up.
Google searches suggest that Windows has problems with Samba. Various sites suggest running secpol.msc but W7 Home Premium doesn't know about secpol. I gather it is an 'Ultimate' feature.

Also, could it be the version of Samba in the router? If so is there a Draytek update for the 2710?

Finally, a USB-attached drive performs poorly, so I'm considering a Network drive. But do these use Samba? If so I suspect they might not work.

Can anyone help with these issues please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eddyad
  • Topic Author
More
28 Dec 2010 20:06 #65408 by eddyad
Replied by eddyad on topic 2710 USB access Windows 7
I know this is a reply to my own email but....
Suddenly everything is working. I'm totally mystified. I tried to update my Draytek firmware but failed because the updaater refused my admin password. Actually it tried to 'Send' once and failed so everything was reset. I made sure ZoveAlarm was correctly configured. Then I tried again and it was OK. :o

More
29 Dec 2010 13:02 #65413 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2710 USB access Windows 7
Santa fixed it... :-)

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami