DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Block all Web except BBC.... Help please

• vtivti
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2011 14:17 #65425 by vtivti
Trying to setup an IP based rule to my Daughter's bedroom PC can only access Cbeebies. She's on Wifi and Strict bound IP.

Every-time I enable Data filtering everyone loses Access to everything. Im so lost in all these rules, and IP groups etc.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2011 14:49 #65426 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Block all Web except BBC.... Help please
If you're setting up a whitelist and only want it to apply to a single PC, you need to appy it using filter rules - that's under Firewall - Filter Setup - #2 Default Data set, on there you need to go into the first un-used rule (#2 usually) - just enable the rule, give it a suitable comment, set the Source IP to your daughter's PC (by clicking Edit, select Single Address) - leave the action as Pass Immediately and select the URL content filter you've made if that's how you're setting it up.
That should then just apply to the one PC.

• vtivti
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2011 14:57 #65427 by vtivti
Replied by vtivti on topic Block all Web except BBC.... Help please

Voodle wrote: If you're setting up a whitelist and only want it to apply to a single PC, you need to appy it using filter rules - that's under Firewall - Filter Setup - #2 Default Data set, on there you need to go into the first un-used rule (#2 usually) - just enable the rule, give it a suitable comment, set the Source IP to your daughter's PC (by clicking Edit, select Single Address) - leave the action as Pass Immediately and select the URL content filter you've made if that's how you're setting it up.
That should then just apply to the one PC.

Yeah you would think that ... as I did.

Do I have to have "Data Filter" enabled? If so thats when all web traffic is lost to all PC's

Moderators: Sami