DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware for members only

• daveray
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2011 19:54 #65430 by daveray
Firmware for members only was created by daveray
I read on another post about the kit being great but the firmware being flakey. I have to agree and I actually feel it is time to put an end to all these issues. I was hoping to get the latest firmware as there is bad noise on my ADSL line. I checked with support in the UK who were very helpful but they said it could be a firmware issue. :? AGAIN!!

Anyway if I use another Modem/Router the noise is gone but as soon as I reconnect my 2820n I can hardly use the phone. It also causes my speed to drop from 3mbps to 1.9mbps so it is really annoying.

I was told of a pending firmware upgrade to 3.3.5.1 so I waited for this to be available. It is now says it is "members only" but.....................................................You can simply click "Login" to start membership registration process.

That is where the fun starts because you cannot log in to start the process and the server at http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportDownloads.php just times out and it has been doing so for ages.

I have a 50mbps Virgin media service but the Draytek will not run above 20mbps on wireless no matter if I run N or G

I have therefore had to kick the Draytek into touch and use a Netgear product.

I am hoping I can get this resolved but if it is a hardware issue as opposed to a simple firmware issue then it will cost me a fortune to get the Draytek repaired as it is now 18 months old. The problem has been going for a good 6-8 months so it's soul destroying that I will have to probably abandon the Draytek for a Netgear unit.

If any technical support staff are reading this please get in touch with me as I need to get the Draytek running properly again. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2011 20:06 #65431 by rothers
Replied by rothers on topic Firmware for members only
What is this 50Mb connection, VDSL ?

• daveray
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2011 20:20 #65432 by daveray
Replied by daveray on topic Firmware for members only

rothers wrote: What is this 50Mb connection, VDSL ?

Sorry, my post was a little ambiguous rothers. I have a 50mbps cable setting and a 3mbps ADSL. The Draytek will not run above 20mbps on wireless no matter what I do. I have chatted with the support guys and they say it is a firmware issue. I also had it with a previous 2910 and eventually I bit the bullet and went for the 2820n. We have a sprawling office setup in a larger building so we hoped the N connection would help. It did help to an extent but the wireless speeds cause us an issue at times. Some days it will only give 6-7mbps on wireless yet the signal strength is off the scale!!

The noise we get on the phone line has been narrowed down to the 2820n as it goes as soon as we use another modem/router.

I have now ditched the 2820 and we're using a Netgear until I can get the noise issued sorted. I was hoping the new firmware would help (as suggested by support on the phone) but I cannot get to the latest file.

More
01 Jan 2011 21:00 #65433 by rothers

• daveray
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2011 21:04 #65434 by daveray
Replied by daveray on topic Firmware for members only
Rothers............you little gem, thank you! I will try and get the upgrade done tomorrow! I just hope it does the trick!

Happy New Year and thanks again.

More
02 Jan 2011 20:44 #65435 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Firmware for members only
n.b. if you bought it new from a DrayTek dealer 18 months ago, it should still be in warranty! The registration system - there might be good reasons, but quite right it should work properly!

Forum Administrator

Moderators: ChrisSami