DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware for members only

• daveray
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jan 2011 20:59 #65439 by daveray
Replied by daveray on topic Firmware for members only

admin wrote: n.b. if you bought it new from a DrayTek dealer 18 months ago, it should still be in warranty! The registration system - there might be good reasons, but quite right it should work properly!

Hi

Yes you are quite correct, the unit is still in warranty as I did buy it from an approved dealer. I was very stressed at the time and not exactly thinking straight. I performed the firmware upgrade but it has not resolved the noise issue.

I notice you are now offering a support/care package for Draytek products. It's a shame this is only available now for new products, I would happily pay for an extra support/care package.

It appears that none of the product registration or support membership options are working. I hope they are available soon

Many thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2011 11:21 #65549 by mph
Replied by mph on topic Firmware for members only
n.b. If you purchased as a consumer (not business) then you are covered for two years irrespective of where you purchased within the EU.

• daveray
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2011 11:26 #65550 by daveray
Replied by daveray on topic Firmware for members only
I've been in touch with Draytek in the UK and they have already given me an RMA. I am hoping to get the unit returned this week.

More
10 Jan 2011 13:05 #65558 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Firmware for members only

mph wrote: n.b. If you purchased as a consumer (not business) then you are covered for two years irrespective of where you purchased within the EU.

The warranty terms are stated with the product. Your dealer would honour it, but it wouldn't be very convenient returning it to Slovenia or wherever :-)

Forum Administrator

More
12 Jan 2011 13:08 #65623 by nigelmercier
Replied by nigelmercier on topic Firmware for members only

rothers wrote: ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.5.1/annexA/2820V3.3.5.1A232201

Isn't this the US firmware?

I found the latest firmware for my 2710 on that US FTP site , but I'm concerned about using it in the UK.

More
19 Jan 2011 12:48 #65740 by pol098
Replied by pol098 on topic Firmware for members only

nigelmercier wrote:

rothers wrote: ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.5.1/annexA/2820V3.3.5.1A232201

Isn't this the US firmware?

I found the latest firmware for my 2710 on that US FTP site , but I'm concerned about using it in the UK.

A232201 is UK-specific, in fact SEG-specific, according to the Draytek FTP site. All firmware downloaded from the old SEG site http://www.seg.co.uk/ has this suffix (I use a 2820Vn myself).

Moderators: ChrisSami