DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n WLAN Schedule Feature

• pierscorfield
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2011 22:22 #65457 by pierscorfield
2820n WLAN Schedule Feature was created by pierscorfield
Firstly, let me apologise in advance if I am asking a question already answered, but despite strenuous efforts to find the answer, I have not managed to find any detail hence this post.

Like many others, I live with teenagers (nuff said) who refuse to go to bed. My vision is therefore this; to create a schedule which will shut off their wifi at a particular time during the week, and a separate time for the weekend.

I thought that this would be easy, but no such luck. I created the schedules (1 and 2) and then added a 1 (they are on wireless network 1 and I am no 2) to the first box on the general setup page believing that this is what I had to do because of my instruction to force down. As this did not cut the mustard (it kept shutting down all WLANs after a brief interval) I tried removing the 1, but having tweaked the force down time so that I could test it, this seems to leave both networks on permanently.

This is a fantastic facility to have, the only problem is that the interface and manual information on the feature are something less than intuitive!

Can someone please tell me (ideally with screengrabs for the terminally stupid like me) how to make this feature work for me?

Yours in advance gratitude.

PC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2011 23:15 #65458 by kc_
Replied by kc_ on topic 2820n WLAN Schedule Feature
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15179

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami