DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3000V+ Binding a separate public address to each NAT VLAN

• jonbennell
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2011 13:21 #65467 by jonbennell
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is trying to use a 3300V+ in a similar way to me.

We have a 10Mbps leased line that is being shared between three companies, A, B & C. With this connection, we have been assigned 14 IP address (13 usable) with a 255.255.255.240 subnet mask.

I have successfully configured the LAN ports on the front of the 3300V+ into four untagged VLAN's, each using NAT on local private class C ranges. At the moment, all of these private networks share the same public IP address which I assigned to WAN1.

What I like to do, is be able to give the 3300V+ one of the public IP's from the range we have available to us then to assign a unique public IP address to each of the VLAN's so that each company has a different public IP address behind their NAT connection. I can't see how to do this in the GUI and haven't found any guides in the manual or elsewhere.

Is this indeed possible and if so, does anyone have any suggestions please?

Kind regards,

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2011 13:59 #65468 by voodle
You can use address mapping for that, which is under the Advanced - NAT menu, you can specify which public IP to use for which IP range/subnet, which should fit exactly what you're setting up.

• jonbennell
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2011 15:02 #65471 by jonbennell
Thanks Voodle, you've rid me of my frustration.

Just in case others want to know, make sure you add IP Alias' under Network > WAN before following Voodle's instructions.

Moderators: ChrisSami