DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n USB Printer Installation

More
11 Jan 2011 10:01 #65581 by sijo
Hi - I have purchased a 2710n on the basis that the production information stated that I could use a USB Disk or connect a USB Printer in order to have a network printer.

I would like to setup my printer but cannot find any instructions on how to do this. Can anyone offer any assistance please.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2011 12:20 #65587 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Vigor 2710n USB Printer Installation
see http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_lpr_setup.html

Howard

More
14 Jan 2011 22:31 #65676 by arrallas
Replied by arrallas on topic USB
I have the same problem! I followed the instructions on the above link (using Win7) up to point 7. The CD I have for my Canon Pixma iP4600 does not have drivers for 64bit Win7 (it installed the drivers automatically when I plugged the printer into the USB port) and you can't d/l just the inf file, only an exe (which I expanded with no luck).
Also... if anyone can point me to a simple explanation of how to configure a 2710n to use a USB drive I would be delighted! There is no info in the quick start guide or in the full manual.
Help!

More
17 Jan 2011 10:11 #65692 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Vigor 2710n USB Printer Installation
Yes i had this problem with the printer too with win7. There are 2 options. 1 following the draytek instructions when you get to the bit about installing the driver for the printer click the windows update to update your driver set from the internet to get the all latest Win7 printer drivers. Be patent it takes about 5 mins then look through the drivers for the one for your printer. If its not there then try the one for the previous model of your printer. 2 The other method is to get the printer working directly connected to the PC using the drivers on the printers setup disk then disconnect and plug it into the router. Then edit the printer setup to use the the standard TCP IP port which you have created as per the Draytek instructions. remember the port is only one way so any smart stuff the printer does about telling you it is out of ink etc. will not work.

Howard

Moderators: ChrisSami