DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Block P2P for certain IP's

• babel19
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jan 2011 00:05 #65727 by babel19
Block P2P for certain IP's was created by babel19
I have 10 people running off of my 2820vn router.

I want to limit 8 of the 10 so they cant use P2P sharing and to block some sites (facebook etc). While allowing 2 of the computers to have full internet access.

Unfortunately the only way i can manage to do it is to put the block for every user, if anyone could advise me on how to have it so i can sort this out it would be much appreciated.

All of the 10 pcs are using static ips.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2011 08:54 #65729 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic Block P2P for certain IP's
Easy!

Think of your 8 users as the general setup and your 2 permitted users as the exceptions.

You create a list of IPs that are allowed to have access to P2P & Facebook using Objects Setting > IP Object to create a reference to each IP then Objects Setting > IP Group to create a list of those users.

You should then configure Firewall > General Setup so that it blocks everything you require for your 8 troublemakers.

Then goto Firewall > Filter Setup > modify Default Data Filter > click the next free filter rule number (should be 2 if you have nothing setup). This page is similar to the General Setup so you should be comfortable with most of this. Just make sure you do the following;

1) Check the box at the top to enable the rule, give it a comment and optionally set the schedule.

2) Direction should be LAN > WAN then select your IP list in the source IP line.

Job's a good one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami