DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920 Issues since f/w 3.3.6 upgrade

• desc
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2011 01:08 #65753 by desc
Ok, I've been at this for almost 7 hours and to be honest I am close to throwing the 2920 out and plugging a netgear with dd-wrt in :(
I bought the 2920 under advice as an upgrade from my 2910 as the 2920 would support my 50mbit Cable and 3mbit ADSL connections; which it did, with some issues, until the latest firmware.

Since installing 3.3.6 I have the following problems:

1) Maximum WAN throughput on WAN1 (50mbit) will not exceeded 30mbit no matter what I try.

2) I can no longer use the XBoxLive Party Chat service, once the party begins all voice traffic is dropped.
2a) I receive a syslog "ARP address mismatch - Ethernet destination address doesn#t match ARP target address" when I switch my XBox on.

The "doesn#t" is as it appears in the syslog entry.

I have reinstalled, upgraded, downgraded, sidegraded, reset, tftp'd and telnet'd until I'm blue in the face. I've tried every combination of .all and/or .rst file I can get my hands on for the 2920 but still I am left with these problems.

Can anyone help ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2011 09:02 #65758 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2920 Issues since f/w 3.3.6 upgrade
try "ip arp accept 1" in the router's telnet interface, I think that will help with 2a and possibly 2. Dunno about 1 though, maybe try it connected to WAN2 and see if that makes a difference?

• desc
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2011 13:48 #65763 by desc
Replied by desc on topic 2920 Issues since f/w 3.3.6 upgrade
Nice one Voodle, that actually appears to have solved 1. I cannot test 2 until this evening...

• desc
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2011 21:57 #65770 by desc
Righty...

I think no.1 was actually solved by my ISP dishing out an IP that was in their <retarded service> range.

Unfortunately the "ip arp accept 1" hasn't made a blind bit of difference. I still receive an "arp address mismatch" error when the XBox first fires up and I still cannot use the XBox Live Party system; it drops out after a short period of time.

I've disabled the DDOS protection, firewall rules and port forwarding in the router and put the XBox into the DMZ. No difference.

I've also tried everything using WAN2 rather than WAN1 but it's made no difference.

There is nothing that I can see in the syslogs that highlight the router is causing the problem BUT I didn't have any of these problems prior to 3.3.6. I think I might attempt to regress back to 3.3.1.2

• desc
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2011 01:21 #65802 by desc
Okey, don't ask me why but after another install of the 3.3.6.rst firmware everything is running fine.

*shrug*

Moderators: ChrisSami