Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Web Server Chaos

• bradley porter
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2011 13:29 #65841 by bradley porter
Web Server Chaos was created by bradley porter
Dear all,

I have an issue with access to my web server that sits within my LAN. In short, it just does not connect externally but works fine internally on the LAN.

The webserver sits on my 2nd subnet and is a list of Public IP addresses. As a result this is not going through any NAT services - just firewall. However, I seem to have PORT 80 firewall rules open for incoming and outgoing traffic but when you try and connect it just hangs.

I am sure its something to do with the routed IP setup and wonder if you have any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2011 13:52 #65843 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Web Server Chaos
Is the IP address of the server public; i.e. when you access it locally, are you typing in a public ip address into your browser? e.g. http://194.66.44.123 as opposed to http://192.168.1.4

Forum Administrator

• bradley porter
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2011 14:10 #65844 by bradley porter
Replied by bradley porter on topic Web Server Chaos
OK - so we have some progress on the issue BUT I dont know how to solve.

The server has two NIC's installed. One with the public address for the webserver one with a 192.168.1.xxx address for local access. When I disable the card with the local 192 address, the web server works from the Internet. This says to me that the service many be trying to route traffic back out the local address when it is enabled rather than the public.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

Moderators: ChrisSami