Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Which firmware should I use

• ginkson
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2011 16:24 #65914 by ginkson
Which firmware should I use was created by ginkson
Hi all,

I work for an IT support company and we use draytek 2000 series routers.

I understand from looking into it that the different firmware's for the 2820 (and other models) are for different line characteristics.

In short, what are they for? And, what would work for me to get a stable connection on a line with an attenuation of 50-58Db and a SNR Margin of 5-10>?

Any help or direction on this would be of use to me and all of those customer that ring telling me about their lovely dropouts! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ginkson
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2011 17:21 #65919 by ginkson
Replied by ginkson on topic Additional information
Oh and the ISP is Zen BTW

I note that some feel if it is resold by a BT wholesaler it hsould be a 232201 firmware.... anyone know whethe rthis applies to plusnet too as it's a sister company?

More
27 Jan 2011 19:50 #65926 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Which firmware should I use
With that kind of loop attenuation I think you'd see the best speed/reliability from the 211801 modem code. The ISP doesn't matter too much normally, just the line length, which the loop attenuation shows.

More
28 Jan 2011 09:58 #65938 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Which firmware should I use
I am using 3.3.5.1 with modem code 232201 from the international site and i have a long line like yours the attenuation is 56 and i m getting 2.3m downspeed with 12 SN ratio. I previously was using the 211801 modem code but have found that 3.3.5.1 and 232201 to more stable.

Howard

Moderators: ChrisSami