DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Possible Bug in Newer 2820 Firmwares?

More
28 Jan 2011 17:44 #1 by joshd
Hi Guys

Ive recently come accross a problem when upgrading our 2820 router to the latest version. It was/is running one of the very early firmware revisions.
Anyway i noticed that it was out of date so installed the latest 3.3 version, thats were my problems began...!

We use the second subnet option to pass through a bunch of public IP addresses to a DMZ which has a few servers hosting various low bandwidth applications.

After upgrading i am having major connectivity issues with devices on this subnet. I am able to remotly connect to services running on these servers from the WAN side, for example I can connect to a web app and a remote desktop session. But i cannot get web access to the WAN from any of the DMZ servers when initialised from the DMZ side.

So for example, I can SSH into one of my ubuntu servers, but when i then try to run apt-get update to get thelkatest package lists, it will not connect. This is the same if i try an ftp session or an ssh session back out. I can however ping remote servers from the DMZ side which is very odd.
Before anyone asks, DNS lookups appear to be working, so I can ping google.com or bbc.co.uk. but if i then try and perform an HTTP session to either of these it just doesnt work.

In the end I had to downgrade my firmware back to one of the very early revisions again.

Id be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami