DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NAT loopback

• weehappypixie
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2011 20:22 #66203 by weehappypixie
NAT loopback was created by weehappypixie
When will DrayTEK finally release a firmware for the 2820vn that has a working NAT loopback. This has been a known problem for months now yet after two different formal releases of firmware the problem is still there.

Your routers are great but the level of support is a joke and despite reporting it to support many many times it has yet to be fixed.

We have loads of these units in use and have internal servers with registered external domain names that cannot be seen inside the LAN.

Please fix before I'm forced to look for something else.

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2011 13:41 #66213 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic NAT loopback
as a workaround, could you do something with the DNS, to tell internal customers that www.example.com = 192.168.0.75 ?

You could use OpenDNS and in their control panel add the rules, if you don't already have your own DNS server running on site.

Regards,

Neal

• weehappypixie
  • Topic Author
More
11 Feb 2011 16:35 #66218 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic NAT loopback

nealuk wrote: as a workaround, could you do something with the DNS, to tell internal customers that www.example.com = 192.168.0.75 ?

You could use OpenDNS and in their control panel add the rules, if you don't already have your own DNS server running on site.

Regards,

Neal

Thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a go but not optimistic. Only DNS in use is the one built into the DrayTEK that points to our ISP.

What I have is external IP 1.2.3.4 registered via our ISP as domainname.com. On DrayTEK I have a NAT rule mapped from external IP 1.2.3.4 --> 192.168.1.x on our LAN and ports 80, 443 and 25.

I can access the server internally via https://192.168.1.x however the user gets the SSL error as the domain name is not the same as that in the SSL.

Accessing it from outside the company on 1.2.3.4 works a treat.

I borrowed a Netgear router to give it a try and it works a treat so think I may need to give in an replace all these DrayTEK's.

John

Moderators: ChrisSami