DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920 Routing between Static IP pool and Local IP Pool

• st99015207
  • Topic Author
More
14 Feb 2011 15:21 #1 by st99015207
Hi

I have a Vigor 2920 and have a direct ADSL connection on WAN1 and an ethernet connection (another router connected to a different ISP with 5 useable Static IP's) on WAN2.

Without attempting to use the static IP pool from ADSL 2 the whole system works ok, and load balancing works nicely.

However I now have a requirement to assign some of our VOIP phones with a static IP address (according to VOIP company this will sort our many issues! I suspect it wont....) - I have been setting this up on a PC and can get internet access ok. However, I cant seem to route between machines on the static IP pool and the local LAN (192.168.0.*) despite the Vigor being set as the default gateway for all devices....

Anybody got any idea?

Cheers
Nick

ps. In accordance with some (vaguely relevant) instructions I saw, I have set the "2nd IP Address" and "2nd Subnet Mask" to be one of the first useable addresses in the static pool - however this is the same address that is staticly assigned to the WAN2 "IP Address" in "WAN IP Network Settings" - Is this a problem, or is this correct??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami