Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

disable bitswap on 2600 or 2800

• rikkan
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2011 20:02 #1 by rikkan
disable bitswap on 2600 or 2800 was created by rikkan
hi

for reasons that are beyond me, my adsl connection is unstable, the line will desync every 38 secconds for 8 hours, and then settles down, the major headache is that if the router is ever rebooted i have to go through the whole process again.

after pulling my hair out for months, and 2 visits from bt, i finally discovered (via a modified firmware on a netgear router) that bitswapping was the root cause, and after disableing it, the issue simply went away. this leaves me using a less than ideal netgear, and i'd far rather go back to one of my draytek ones.

i've got an old 2600 aswell as (lost in a pile of computer junk) a 2800.
so my question is, will either of these routers allow me to turn off bitswapping in their settings? or on a wider scope, do any other drayteks?

i've had a poke about in the 2600vg and coulden't find anything, but the firmware isn't the latest. Im currently running v2.5.5.3_UK, when i try to upgrade i get a file name not recognised error from the firmware upgrade tool, so thaught i'd ask before spending more time trying to get it to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami