Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

samba

• captain caveman
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2011 15:38 #66848 by captain caveman
samba was created by captain caveman
Hi,

I have a 2710n and I am trying to connect to the usb drive via samba using windows 7, i can connect to the usb drive via FTP but not samba. When i try to log into the router to access the usb stick ,the dialogue box is trying to use a windows security, and so I cant change the user to the user i set up on the router for access to the usb stick.
Any ideas welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2011 11:06 #67404 by kuffs
Replied by kuffs on topic Re: samba
I have never been able to figure out how to do this. The documentation is severely lacking.

I always get "specified password is incorrect"

More
07 Nov 2011 12:02 #69966 by freemansteve
Replied by freemansteve on topic Re: samba
Yup, it does NOT work as you'd expect it to.
I can see the 2710 in "Network Neighborhood" and can move files to and from the USB stick to on share, but there appears to be a share I just can't access with any combination of [domain\workgroup]\user_name\password....

More
07 Nov 2011 22:53 #69977 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: samba
check out the latter part of this document:
http://draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=874

It's because of authentication support required in Windows Vista/7, turning down the setting as shown there fixes it but one thing it doesn't consider is if you're using a Home/Starter OS then that secpol.msc isn't available, but there's a registry fix that does the same thing

More
29 Apr 2012 17:55 #72060 by sijo
Replied by sijo on topic Re: samba
Can you provide an update to the above link as this is no longer availble

http://draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotes ... php?ID=874

Many Thanks

More
29 Jun 2012 01:20 #72768 by pbmkss
Replied by pbmkss on topic Re: samba
Hi,
I have come across an issue trying to use Samba to create and use a file share on a 2830. This is my first post and not sure whether to add it on here or to start a new post?

I have a Vigor 2830 with a USB disk drive attached. I have created a user profile with a directory, and enabled it. I see the share in Windows Explorer, I can connect to it and copy files to the share and create sub-folders etc. However when I try to open certain files on the share, for example excel spreadsheets or Access database files, both Excel and Access report the file has been opened in "Read-Only" mode.

I have setup and use Samba on other systems, sharing these type of files without any problems. I suspect it may be a locking problem and would like to understand how Samba is configured on the 2830. Is there anyway to inspect and maybe even edit the samba config (smb.conf).

Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks.

Moderators: Sami