DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorSwitch P2260

More
18 Mar 2011 17:23 #66868 by mrh2
VigorSwitch P2260 was created by mrh2
Hi

Is anyone using the VigorSwitch P2260 - if so how do you rate it?

I have only had experience with the older routers - high on features, but a bit below average on internal hardware (wifi cards etc)

On the switch I notice the last firmware update was 18/11/2009 so is it actively being refined and improved or is it a product on the way out?

Cheers

Walt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2011 21:38 #66873 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Re: VigorSwitch P2260
I have the 2240 (which is basically the same model as the 2260, but, w/o PoE),

It fits well in the price range of other Manufacturers 24 Port 1GB/s switches, and, has comparable features. Including a 3 year field replacment warranty in my country.
however, nothing special, but works well on 2 locations now.

The draytek routers product line however is special compared to other manufactures products: you do not have to pay a per seat/per client VPN license. I like that strategy very much.

Firmware:
If there is no new firmware, that does not neccessarily mean, that a product is at EOL. It might be a produt which is finished and working stable. For me, it rather looks like a good point if there are no frequent firmware updates for a product.
Also, there is currently not much in sight which will bring a revolution for 24 ports layer 2 managed switches. 10GB/s switches will take years to come down to this price range.

edit: the P2260 is a 100Mbit/s switch, not a 1gbit/s switch, I have learned today - which does not change much regarding the text above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami