DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

v2820 & Smart Monitor issue

• cbsys
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2011 16:28 #66914 by cbsys
v2820 & Smart Monitor issue was created by cbsys
We have had a v2820 running with smart monitor for several months.

Suddenly it has stopped working, when we login to smart monitor and type confirm, the screen stops a "detecting vigor router"
The ports are mirrored correctly and the connections are correct.

For some reason the software can no longer see the router, however if we turn off the port mirror on the router, we can ping the router perfectly OK.

Can anyone help??

:?:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2011 19:29 #67973 by dilbert2k
Replied by dilbert2k on topic Re: v2820 & Smart Monitor issue
I have exactly the same problem, and am on the latest version of firmware.

I have found that turning off port monitoring, reboot, turn on port mirroring and reboot again restores the function, but it's a poor workaround, not a solution.

This problem recurs 3 or 4 times a day for me.

I have raised a support ticket with Draytek. Their only response so far is that they have not seen this problem before.

Suggest you raise a ticket too.

More
07 Jul 2011 12:41 #68525 by cgladmin
Replied by cgladmin on topic Re: v2820 & Smart Monitor issue
Hi,

How have you guys got your connections set up, I've spent two days trying to get it working with no luck...?

I have a Vigor 2820 with 3.3.5.2 Fw and SmartMonitor v2.2.0 (WinXP).
Port mirror of P1 (lan) on P2 (mirror) and the SmartMonitor PC is connected to P2 (but not P1).

I can ping all IPs within P1 on P2 with the exception of the router (192.168.10.254) is this normal?

If I plug the SmartMonitor PC into P1 I can ping the router on 192.168.10.254...

The port mirror set up on P2 seems to be working perfectly using Wireshark, but SmartMonitor just says "Detecting Vigor Router"...

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

More
25 Jul 2011 22:01 #68737 by jexell
Replied by jexell on topic Re: v2820 & Smart Monitor issue
We reported the problem at least 12 months ago to tech support but didn't get anywhere. The workaround for us was to telnet to the router and once logged on run the command:
port sniff off
wait until the smart monitor web site goes to log on screen (10-15 secs normally) and then run:
port sniff on

Moderators: Sami