DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN Alias IP and firewall rules....what am i doing wrong?

• oliverm
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2011 13:29 #66998 by oliverm
So i got a new 2930 ready to ship to our remote site. I preconfigured it using the details from their current firewall. I created the rules needed (basically just RDP access to each of their servers on their own IPs).

The main WAN IP is .24. They have two RDP servers, one on .25 and one on .26.

I assigned .25 and .26 as WAN Alias addresses on their WAN port.
In the Open Port section I then create two entries, one for each server. Each entry was set up for traffic to port 3389 from any IP to the .25 (or .26, the external IPs of the two RDP servers) and specified the internal IP of each server.

However no one could connect.

I then tried adding the external and internal IPs to an Address Mapping rule but still nothing.

In the end we had to unplug the draytek and put the old firewall back as the users needed to get on. The draytek is now packed away and we are working with the remote users of that site to allow us a window to get it put back again.

Any ideas how we *should* be setting up an open port to a server via a WAN alias IP address?

Olly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oliverm
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2011 11:58 #67016 by oliverm
Anyone got an idea? We can do normal port forwarding for ports on the WAN1 IP but not on alias ones. We can also get more advanced firewall rules such as restricting access to certain ports to certain IP addresses, however only to WAN1 and not to any alias IPs.

Whether this is something we are doing wrong or something not working I'm not sure.

Olly

More
03 Jul 2011 03:18 #68452 by draytekuser155
I am having the exact same problem!

More
12 Jul 2011 19:04 #68580 by adriandaz
It may depend how the IPs are routed. What is the assigned subnet of the WAN IPs?

Moderators: Sami