Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Qos Problems across all 2820s?

• apolloit
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2011 22:05 #67048 by apolloit
Qos Problems across all 2820s? was created by apolloit
Hi All,

My firm uses a lot of Draytek gear, and on the whole its pretty good.

However, it appears at though the QoS just doesnt work anymore on any of them. I pick on 3, and the status bars are all idle except "other".

We have a client with major hosted voip problems, and despite prioritising sip/rtp ports, they just dont get marked in the status!

Same on another unit for rdp sessions.... (and this def used to work fine)

Same on another unit for http.... (the was ok too)

The status bars just dont move, and the traffic isnt being shaped.

Have tried every combination of source/remote addresses... usually leave it on ANY....

Several different versions of firmware, including the latest (3.3.3, 3.3.4.1, 3.3.5.1)

Yes I will speak to support about this, I just wondered what others experiences are of this?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2011 08:54 #67052 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic Re: Qos Problems across all 2820s?
I have asked the question and the reponse I got was a bit baffling. support are under the impression that the firmware engineering team are changing how QoS works to use the service type objects list rather than the QoS rules. Quite bizzare they have left the "old" method in there but broken. If you contact support they will supply instructions and 3.3.5.2 firmware with new QoS functionality.

• apolloit
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2011 14:31 #67065 by apolloit
Replied by apolloit on topic Re: Qos Problems across all 2820s?
Many thanks for your kind response... the support number just rings out, but I have found 3.3.5.2 RC2 firmware here:

ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2820/Firmware/3.3.5.2_BETA/

Not sure if thats suitable for UK though... and its a BETA too...

How can this QoS (which they've had on routers for many many years) just not work?!

Mike

More
01 Apr 2011 16:14 #67066 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic Re: Qos Problems across all 2820s?
Pretty bad if you can't ring the support team. I would fill out the support form (http://draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html) and ask specifically for firmware 3.3.5.2 and a full explanation of how you are supposed to use QoS. I would supply this info but I heavily advise you get everything straight from support.

The firmware on the Polish site is RC2. When I emailed support I got RC3. We do not use our 2820 extensively - firewall, DoS protection, ADSL modem and broken QoS is all we have active - but I have got 350 hours of uptime on RC3. It may or may not end of as the actual release. As always in an IT environment test out on a single unit ideally in a non-production environment before you roll it out.

Good luck!

• apolloit
  • Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2011 09:58 #67085 by apolloit
Replied by apolloit on topic Re: Qos Problems across all 2820s?
Thanks.... we reverted back to a 2600, qos seems ok, and also - the phones stay online! I think its too little too late though, we wrongly eliminated router, and ruled it out as a problem. They are ripping the phone system out, dispite the resolution.

Draytek got back to me with instructions of how to use the new app qos, and it marked voip up as voip in the status but it didnt help quality under broadband load.... it still broke up.... was a nightmare.

Going to cicso from now on for matters QoS. Draytek = massive fail.

Mike

Moderators: ChrisSami