DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n 3.3.5.1 FW, Where is it??

More
22 Apr 2011 15:00 #67422 by gmegson
Replied by gmegson on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.5.1 FW, Where is it??
I am currently using the BETA RC6 code 3.3.5.2 from ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2820/Firmware/3.3.5.2_BETA/ with no issues. I was previosuly using the 232201_A coded version but the RC6 beta on 211011 has been very stable for me. Running for over a week so far with no noticable issues compared to the 3.3.3 version I updated from. BTW I have been on this older release becasue of all the issues with 3.3.4,3.3.4.1, 3.3.5 and 3.3.5.1. So far all working fine :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ryster
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2011 19:31 #67425 by ryster
Replied by ryster on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.5.1 FW, Where is it??
Based on your recommendation I took the plunge and installed the RC6 version of 3.3.5.2 , so far so good.

I had to rename the file to get the web panel to accept it though, which was odd. I would hope it does more robust checking than a simple file name check :)

One thing I've noticed straight away is how much smoother the web admin panel seems. Before the images took a second or two to load when I first logged in, now it's pretty much instant. Page loads are also very quick.

More
23 Apr 2011 21:22 #67429 by pol098
Replied by pol098 on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.5.1 FW, Where is it??

damienf wrote: I've upgraded to 3.3.5.1 recently on my 2820Vn, and everything works fine in general, the only exception is that Caller ID is no longer working when receiving PSTN calls; it was working fine on previous firmwares. Maybe this could one of the reason why it is not available in the UK.

What surprises me is the report that it DID work; I understood that it generally wouldn't, and that caller ID generally has trouble with UK modems and the like. I've been using 2820Vn VoIP for a few months in the UK and have never had caller ID although I've updated the firmware as new versions became available (currently 3.3.5.2, previously 3.3.5.1, I don't remember what firmware was installed when I started); my understanding was that the UK caller ID system just wasn't compatible. I found some relevant stuff on http://www.draytek.com.au, but it doesn't seem to be there any more. Australian caller ID is quite unlike the UK version, it's more like the US Bellcore that hardware seems to be designed for. I'll post my detailed notes from the Australian website here, with the (rather large) caveats that they're for different hardware than the 2820Vn, and for a different caller ID system. This may be useful to someone; if not apologies for the waste of time.

"Does Vigor 2100V / 2500V support Caller-ID?
To complicate matters, there are three aspects which which can involve Caller ID:
1. Caller ID is received from VoIP call as text fields in the SIP header messages.
2. Caller ID is received from PSTN call between the first and second rings.
3. Caller ID is passed to telephone handset, again between the first and second rings.
There are several standards for PSTN Caller-ID, and it appears that Australia uses a variation of the Bellcore (USA) standard.
The only problem for Vigor 2100V and 2500V models is with the second component. The first incoming ring triggers the Vigor to connect the FXS port (with handset attached) to the PSTN LINE, and so that first ring is not passed to the phone. Therefore the phone receives the Caller-ID information before its first ring, and is ignored.
After considerable discussion, DrayTek R&D have advised that this is a limitation of the hardware used for the PSTN connection, and so it will not be possible to "fix" it by a firmware upgrade. Therefore we must advise that DrayTek Vigor 2100V and 2500V are not compatible with the CallerID method used by telcos in Australia."

More
26 Apr 2011 17:50 #67461 by pol098
3.3.5.2 (UK and other versions) is out:
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportDownloads.php#

More
27 Apr 2011 10:33 #67471 by nealuk

pol098 wrote: 3.3.5.2 (UK and other versions) is out:
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportDownloads.php#

And I also see an updated User Guide on the draytek.com ftp

Moderators: Sami