DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 3.3.5 firmware screw-up!

More
06 Apr 2011 08:59 #67137 by rickj
2820 3.3.5 firmware screw-up! was created by rickj
Well done Draytek - you have screwed up again.........

In the past month UK Draytek distributors have started shipping 2820's with V3.3.5 installed. First problem, password needed to logon to new router, good idea, but it would be helpful if Draytek told you what it was!! An addendum to the out of date manual would be good.

Secondly this version of firmware is not on the UK site for download just in case it is needed for a restore. There is already a version (3.3.5.1) on the .com site which would indicate that 3.3.5 has issues.

Thirdly, and IMHO, most important, there are no release notes for 3.3.5. Who in their right mind would consider deploying this in a commercial environment without checking to see what has been broken this time?

Get you act together Draytek, other manufacturers are catching up fast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2011 20:05 #67198 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic Re: 2820 3.3.5 firmware screw-up!
There is a specific issue in 3.3.5.1 that DrayTek UK are waiting to have resolved before they start offering the 3.3.5 series of firmware. That's what I've been told at least.

But not having release notes on the international site is inexcusable.

I've had a couple of issues with 3.3.5.1 with VOIP and network timeouts and I've got no idea if these are areas that have been worked on in the firmware and may be newly-introduced problems.

More
09 Apr 2011 20:13 #67199 by rickj
Replied by rickj on topic Re: 2820 3.3.5 firmware screw-up!
I have had a reply from Dratek UK support pointing me to release notes for 3.3.5 on their FTP site.

It still surprises me that they are happy to ship routers with 3.3.5 pre installed if they are delaying the release due to a problem.

More
09 Apr 2011 20:25 #67200 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic Re: 2820 3.3.5 firmware screw-up!
I don't think they get a choice since they're not going to seal the boxes in the UK - they'll arrive pre-flashed with the latest release and then be shipped out.

They will support it, they've confirmed that, but they aren't happy with the code and are waiting on a specific fix.

Moderators: ChrisSami