Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords

• cfaulkner
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2011 11:32 #67168 by cfaulkner
Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords was created by cfaulkner
Dear all,

I have the Draytek 2820n and have begun setting up a VPN L2TP/IPsec.

I would like to use two factor authentication.

There is an 'Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords' setting for the remote dial in user but i am unsure of how this should be setup. I understand the principle but am not sure how this is done per user.

Do i make a random pin and then type in the password as generated by the phone app ? Does the router make a new MOTP based on the pin each time and that's what the user enters into their VPN settings ?

Silly question i know but i just need a general pointer. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

--
Christopher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2011 18:58 #67212 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords
There's some application notes for MOTP that you can find on the www.draytek.com site by searching for MOTP in the search box.

You need to generate the unique key / secret on the phone or app that's going to generate the MOTP key, that can be either an iphone app, java applet on a phone or the smart VPN client - it's an open standard so there's lots of software for motp around. Then enter that secret in the account, ideally copy & paste since they're so long.
You then decide on the PIN to use when setting up the account on the router and the user connecting using the motp app has to enter that pin each time to create the OTP

If that doesn't work right, make sure the time is accurate / synced on both devices since the one time password is time sensitive.

More
20 Apr 2011 12:01 #67373 by john101
Replied by john101 on topic Re: Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords

cfaulkner wrote: Dear all,

I have the Draytek 2820n and have begun setting up a VPN L2TP/IPsec.

I would like to use two factor authentication.

There is an 'Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords' setting for the remote dial in user but i am unsure of how this should be setup. I understand the principle but am not sure how this is done per user.

Do i make a random pin and then type in the password as generated by the phone app ? Does the router make a new MOTP based on the pin each time and that's what the user enters into their VPN settings ?

Silly question i know but i just need a general pointer. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

--
Christopher

I will suggest for Business Mobile Phone .You may contact there.

More
04 Aug 2011 15:29 #68880 by softek
Replied by softek on topic Re: Enable Mobile One-Time Passwords
Or use a 3rd Party VPN authentication solution like Deepnet. http://dualshield.net/deepnet/

Moderators: Sami