DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn username and password

• bernardk
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2011 12:17 #67228 by bernardk
2820Vn username and password was created by bernardk
Just received a 2820Vn router. Connected via ethernet cable. URL = 192.168.1.1 produces draytek login screen. Tried username blank, password blank, admin / blank, admin / password. Router won't let me login. Also tried Factory reset with no luck. Router was BNIB, not been opened, no evidence of prior use.

Can anyone offer help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2011 14:02 #67231 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2820Vn username and password

BernardK wrote: Just received a 2820Vn router. Connected via ethernet cable. URL = 192.168.1.1 produces draytek login screen. Tried username blank, password blank, admin / blank, admin / password. Router won't let me login. Also tried Factory reset with no luck. Router was BNIB, not been opened, no evidence of prior use.

Can anyone offer help?

I can't see the combination admin / admin in your list above. Give that a whirl...

• bernardk
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2011 14:12 #67232 by bernardk
Replied by bernardk on topic Re: 2820Vn username and password
Brilliant! thank very much. So much for the user manual and draytek FAQ :roll:

More
12 Apr 2011 21:31 #67239 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820Vn username and password
It actually is in the FAQ but not very clear imo: http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_password.html
It's only for the default config of the 2820 from 3.3.5 onwards that it's causing confusion but it is a shame that the quick start guide doesn't make any mention of that change :(

• bernardk
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2011 22:49 #67244 by bernardk
Replied by bernardk on topic Re: 2820Vn username and password
The book supplied with the router, and the on line version, say admin / blank. The VFAQ (http://draytek.co.uk/support/vfaq.html) says blank / blank. Yes it is very confusing! :evil: Clearly something that crept in with the latest software revision. Presumably some bright spark thought it clever to change it. :roll:

It is so very annoying to trip up at the first fence. That said, my ADSL line is not active yet, but the 3G port works well. Even that is not too well documented.

Moderators: ChrisSami