DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2910 Firewall Filters not applying

• havoc-dadelous
  • Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2011 15:51 #67320 by havoc-dadelous
2910 Firewall Filters not applying was created by havoc-dadelous
We have a Webserver that need access to our SQL server, so I have added a Data Filter to allow traffic from our webserver to our SQL server.

So I created the following rules:
WAN > LAN, Source Webserver, Destination SQL Server, Service UDP /TCP Any port to 1433, Action Allow and a 2nd rule to block.
WAN > LAN, Source Any, Destination SQL server, Service UDP /TCP Any to 1433, Action Block.

I am able to connect to the SQL server from other IP's than the Webserver. So I thought perhaps I have done it wrong, (I had added the rules to call not data) so changed the rules and still nothing, so I then created a rule so SQL was blocked. I am still able to connect to the SQL Server

I have also added a new rule to block SMTP out from our network:

LAN > WAN, Source DHCP range, Destination Any, Service UDP /TCP Any to 25, Action Block

none of the filters seem to be applied no matter how I link or call the filter sets. Any idea's as to why?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2011 12:41 #67329 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2910 Firewall Filters not applying
Hi I think you're close.

What about setting the first rule for your websql as WAN > LAN, Source Any, Destination SQL server, Service UDP /TCP Any to 1433, Action Block If No Further Match.
Then the next rule as: WAN > LAN, Source Webserver, Destination SQL Server, Service UDP /TCP Any port to 1433 Pass Immediately

Does that fix it for you?

Regards,

Neal

More
17 Apr 2011 14:03 #67331 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2910 Firewall Filters not applying
It all looks right but make sure that the filter set you've put those rules in is linked from the #2 Default Data Filter? If you haven't already then set the Next Filter Set option in the bottom right so they link up.

Moderators: ChrisSami