Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2930 vn

• vmadhavan
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2011 06:57 #67431 by vmadhavan
2930 vn was created by vmadhavan
hi all
I purchased a 2930 for home use. set up wireless which is working great but I am having difficulty setting up a nas and wireless printer. any help would be greatly appreciated
:)
Thanks
VJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2011 09:30 #67433 by geaves
Replied by geaves on topic Re: 2930 vn
Could do with some more information, surely your nas is connected via ethernet, also printer type and your o/s, usually printer installations require you to set the printer up via USB or ethernet b4 being able to set up a wireless connection, the printer will require an ip address b4 the wireless can be configured.

• vmadhavan
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2011 11:21 #67435 by vmadhavan
Replied by vmadhavan on topic Re: 2930 vn
Hi,Thanks for the prompt reply.
I can connect to the internet on my mac book and my desktop running XP. the nas is connected via the ethernet. However I cant seem to configure the ports or set it up. Wireless printer is hp b209a which connects thru usb but not wirelessly. I am guessing the the ip is assigned by the router nat function.the ip for printer is 196.168.1.3, nas 196.168.1.6.
Thanks

More
24 Apr 2011 11:48 #67437 by geaves
Replied by geaves on topic Re: 2930 vn
Firstly I am somewhat confused by your reply....your internal network has nothing to do with NAT, internal ip addressing is done via the DHCP option in the router, so you need to check that out, look for the DHCP table option and/or ARP cache. For this you will need the MAC address of the printer and the NAS box.

Re the printer try this link it recommends that you unistall the CD software and download and install the full feature software from HP... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/Photosmart-B209a-wireless-configuring-problem/td-p/194711

Added to that the printer can not be assigned an ip address via usb unless its plugged directly into the router, and the 2930 doesnt not offer that funtion, my suggestion would be either to set this up via ethernet and/or try the new HP software.

Moderators: Sami