DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Activate WCF on Second LAN / VLAN

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
26 Apr 2011 16:01 #67456 by ghostworks
Activate WCF on Second LAN / VLAN was created by ghostworks
I bought the Vigor 2830Vn to replace the semi faulty 2820VSn which is going back on a RMA due to its many little faults..

I also purchased with the 2830Vn a VigorCare pack and a 12 month WCF Licence ( Web Contect Filter Licence)

Firstly i can't seem to activate the licence key , it was brand new and sealed , only was able to active free trial so far.

I'd like to block with WCF on the second lan / VLAN of 192.168.3.* and leave 192.168.1.* alone ...

Any Idea's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2011 09:02 #67468 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Activate WCF on Second LAN / VLAN
Not sure about the first part but for the second problem, you can make a filter rule with a source IP range of 192.168.3.x and apply the web content filter to that - you have to do it using the Filter Rules on the router rather than the setting in General Setup though.

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
27 Apr 2011 16:32 #67481 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Activate WCF on Second LAN / VLAN
Sounds easier than what it is...

Do you mean a firewall rule

the 2830 has a User management / group user management and a IP object / IP group management, so would be logical to create a IP range object called Guest LAN for range 192.168.3.3 - 192.168.3.254 ( 255.255.255.0 ) , however no placement to tell router to utils WCF for the IP object / group

More
27 Apr 2011 16:41 #67482 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Activate WCF on Second LAN / VLAN
Yep just a firewall rule - making an object for it with the IP range would be good as it'd make it easier to manage that in future but it isn't a necessity.

If you haven't used filter rules before, make sure to set it up under #2 Default data filter in the first un-used rule so that the router will process it. On there you'd set the source IP as the range you want to block, set the action of the rule to pass if no further match (so you can still block ports etc if needed later) and select the WCF profile you've made.

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
27 Apr 2011 19:21 #67486 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Activate WCF on Second LAN / VLAN
found it just no luck getting it to work

Moderators: Sami