DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n - QoS and new Firmware.

• alanrf
  • Topic Author
More
01 May 2011 16:33 #1 by alanrf
Vigor 2710n - QoS and new Firmware. was created by alanrf
Further to my original post in this Forum, dated March 14 on this issue. I have now resolved the issue of the QoS light remaining 'on' even though it was not relevant to this specific model which does not permit voice traffic.

Until the latest Firmware update, 3.3.6.1_232201, it was not easily possible to disable the QoS function other than by using Telnet and some difficult to define codes.

This latest update, in addition to several other useful improvements, has enhanced Bandwidth Management, (in the Admin Mode section), by adding two new options: Quality of Service and APP QoS.

Using the Setup options in the Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service screen it is possible to correctly disable the QoS Control. Once this has been done the QoS light is extinguished giving visual confirmation that the service is no longer active.

By disabling the QoS option my upload speed has increased by about 20%, a useful bonus.

Although the Firmware update added this, and other options, to both the User Mode and Admin Mode menus it was unclear as to how some of the features were best used and configured.

However, I discovered that Draytek have now released an updated User Guide, v2.1, dated 10 March 2011, which is based upon Firmware version 3.3.6. This is actually rather useful and if you are interested, is available from http://www.draytek.com/user/PdInfoDetail.php?Id=82

It would be good if, at some time, there was an update to the UK specific User Guide, which is still at v1.0, dated 24 April 2009.

For the record, there is also a new section, in both the User Mode and Admin Mode sections, entitled USB application which contains some useful information for adding extra storage options.

Alan f

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami