DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Issues with new 2710n Firmware (3.3.6.1_232201)

• rowanmcguane
  • Topic Author
More
02 May 2011 17:58 #67543 by rowanmcguane
Hi there, I'm not sure if the Draytek technical or firmware development team keep an eye on these forums for feedback but figured I'd post my experience with the new firmware to maybe verify the same issues with other users.
Basically was flashing the firmware from v3.3.5.1_232201 to 3.3.6.1. Everthing seemed OK, all my devices connected without a hitch and the new QoS options were working. However my official Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter (the black one) would not connect to the router wirelessly (the xbox connected fine hard-wired). I tested this in many combinations to rule out the Xbox as the issue. Strange thing is that the Xbox would pickup the router & let me enter the P/W etc. but the Network Test would fail at the point between the adapter and the router. I tried this with the routers firewall and UPnP on/off but to no avail. I also tested this on the 3.3.6.0 firmware with the same results.
Needless to say I've reverted to the older firmware and everything is working fine again. Anyway hope to maybe get some feedback from people as it seems like this would be a common enough issue. If not at least it might save someone reading the hours of testing different combinations only to realise it was simply down to poor firmware. :roll:

Regards,

Rowan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2011 23:25 #67616 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic Re: Issues with new 2710n Firmware (3.3.6.1_232201)
Well ...

I recently switched to this level of firmware. I had problems with wireless access control (that previously worked) and found that I seemed to lose connection state for some online gaming.

I've now reverted to 3.3.2.3 again and it's back to normal. Draytek firmware appears to be like Russian Roulette - but with 5 bullets in the chamber rather than 1.

Dan

More
29 May 2011 12:11 #67962 by insertname123
Replied by insertname123 on topic Re: Issues with new 2710n Firmware (3.3.6.1_232201)
Hi,

I have the same problem and the same hardware as the OP, however I just bought the 2710n which came preinstalled with v3.3.6 firmware.

New to this site but after a look around I haven't found the old firmware versions available, so am I stuck?

Ta.

More
29 May 2011 18:12 #67964 by admin
Please do raise a formal support ticket so that this gets passed back to the engineers.

Forum Administrator

More
04 Jun 2011 01:19 #68053 by neilem
Friend had the same problem connecting through wireless on the Xbox360. We narrowed it down to the WPA2 settings which was causing it, WEP worked fine. In downgrading to the previous released version (v2710_332_232201) WPA2 then worked fine. So the new firmware is definitely faulty.

Moderators: Sami