DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can't access web interface on Vigor 120

• haggis999
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2011 08:57 #67564 by haggis999
Can't access web interface on Vigor 120 was created by haggis999
I installed a new Vigor 120 Ethernet ADSL modem a few days ago and the good news is that it worked straight out of the box. However, my attempts to access the web interface from one of the PCs in my small home network have failed. I was trying to use the default IP address of 192.168.2.1 as advised in the Quick Start Guide but just get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Any assistance would be appreciated.

BTW, the Quick Start Guide appears to be the only manual available for download from the Draytek website. I'm surprised there is not a more detailed user guide as the Quick Start document only covers one of the three main menu items in the web interface (as shown in the screenshot provided in the Quick Start Guide). One thing I would like to know is whether or not I can view the current sync speed.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2011 10:48 #67567 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: Can't access web interface on Vigor 120
It is normal, that you can't see the web interface. The 120 is plugged in beyond your Local Area Network.

If you'd like to see the Stats, then you'll need to connect a PC/laptop directly to the 120, assign your PC/laptop a fixed IP in the 192.168.2.x range - so, for example 192.168.2.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 you could put in a gateway of 192.168.2.1 and first DNS also of 192.168.2.1.

Then web browser to 192.168.2.1 will show you the stats - including the Sync speed you mention wanting to see.

There is a full user guide here: ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor120/Manual/

There are workarounds discussed frequently on this forum, so have a search to find more info.

Regards,

Neal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami