DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n WDS and Apple Airport Express

• barstef
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2011 23:32 #67625 by barstef
2830n WDS and Apple Airport Express was created by barstef
I have been trying to use WDS to extend my network with two Apple Airport Expresses, which I had working with my previous router. I have configured the router to bridge with WPA2 security. I have configured the AEX's to participate in a WDS network, Allowed the network to be extended, specified the correct channel and WPA2 security details and set them as WDS remote's with Allow wireless clients. But cannot get them to participate. The AEX produces an error "WDS Error" - "This Airport wireless device is set up as part of a WDS network but no other Airport wireless devices were found."

Has anyone managed to get AEX working in WDS with a Vigor yet? Any ideas as to how I can make it work?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2011 17:06 #67724 by craigski
Replied by craigski on topic Re: 2830n WDS and Apple Airport Express
I have been trying something similar with Zyxel WAP3205s and unable to get the WDS working with 2830n. I suspect there is some incompatability with the was WDS has been implemented by each vendor.

More
13 Aug 2011 18:56 #69040 by keithsloan
Replied by keithsloan on topic Re: 2710n WDS and Apple Airport Express
I have a 2710n which I would have liked to extend with an Apple Airport Express that I have.

I read in an old article on another type of router, that the AEX would not work with PSK/WPA2 only WEP.
So I tried no security just to see if I could get it to work, but the AEX does not find the Vigor and claims
there are no Apple WDS devices.

Pity would have been another useful use of the Airport Express.

More
13 Aug 2011 19:07 #69041 by keithsloan
Replied by keithsloan on topic Re: 2830n WDS and Apple Airport Express
Also found this which indicates 2600g has worked in the past with 128bit WEP
http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?220052-WDS-between-Draytek-Vigor2600g-and-APExt

Moderators: Sami